Thursday, July 28, 2011

Big News

Alright...you can say it. I am officially the worst blogger ever. I love to look at other people's blogs and facebook accounts, but for some reason when it comes to mine, I feel like no one cares what I am doing. Then I get overwhelmed because I want to post everything all at once. I am going to take the advice of my sweet husband when he said in regards to my negativity towards starting to blog, "Don't let it get you down, just do something to make it happen." So even if no one cares to read this, it will be a good journal for me to keep track of the fun, exciting, and ever-changing life Kevin and I have together.

A piece of huge news that has come into our family since I last wrote is that we are going to be adding a new little member to the family. WE ARE HAVING A BABY!

Both Kevin and I felt like it was time to start trying to have a family. It was a very spiritual experience and even though we felt unprepared and uncertain of the future, we knew what we felt and went forward with excitement.

We couldn't believe that we got pregnant so fast. Needless to say we didn't take just one pregnancy test. We took one...


Then two...

Then a third, the day before our first appointment, just so we didn't make fools of ourselves by thinking we were pregnant and we weren't really. :)


All three times were positive. YAY!!!

So many emotions of joy, happiness, excitement, nervousness, and anxiety set in. Especially when we found out that the due date is December 29. I told myself I would never have a Christmas baby because I always felt bad for them because they got overlooked. But it all depends on your attitude. I, as the little mommy, will just have to make sure that I make every birthday extra special for this little one.

When Kev and I went to the first doctor's visit, it was so special. Being able to hold my sweet husband's hand and see the quick heart beat of our little baby, was a feeling I will hold dear forever. This is going to be a special experience for Kev and I . One that will bring us closer than I ever thought possible.

Baby Spencer's first picture.


That was at 8 weeks when I looked like this.


Now things are slowing starting to change.

Right now I am 18 weeks along. Past the sickness and feeling yucky all the time, to the emotional and feeling yucky only some of the time stage, but loving every minute of it. We find out in two weeks what we are having, so I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear if the little one is a HE or SHE!!! I'm glad we finally found your blog. It was fun to catch up with you guys at the Bees game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I hope you don't mind that I stocked you though Shane and Jena's blog. Congrats!! I'm glad we'll be around to meet he or she when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete