Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kev's Surprise 26th Birthday Party

So I had this grand idea to throw Kev a surprise birthday party. He didn't want to do anything big for his birthday. His parents always take each kid to the place of their choosing to eat with the family. Kev is changing his ways and instead of going to the nicest restaurant he can think of, he just wanted to do a family barbeque at his parents house. I thought to myself...what a perfect opportunity to invite all his buddies. He would never suspect anything. I sent out the longest text in the world to Shane, Nate, Robert, Landin, and Sal. I told them to bring their wonderful wives to eat, play volleyball, and just to enjoy each others company. I was so excited for the big surprise.

The day of his birthday I had to work, so I woke up early and made him breakfast in bed and he opened his present. I got him a foam pad for the bed because for three weeks straight he complained about not sleeping well, so I thought this would help. Well, two days before his birthday, he woke up and said, "I just had the best sleep I have had in a long time." I already got his present, so there was nothing I could do. I gave it to him and he loved it.


This is where the story goes bad...

So Kev and I are going to go on trek, so we had trek meeting all night, which was a bummer. When we got out at 10:00 I had missed to calls from Robert and Shane. They don't usually call me, so I knew something was wrong. I waited until we got home and told Kev I had to make some calls really quick. Needless to say I messed everything up. The text I sent out said that we were going to have the party on his birthday, which was Thursday night instead of Friday. I felt so so so so so bad. I started to cry and told Kevin and everything was ruined and that I was sorry and that he needed to call his friends right away.

There was a bit of good news though...

So the text that I sent was so long that it was a multimedia message. All of the people who had iPhones, which were the other three friends didn't get the message. I had reminded them about the party and the reminder said Friday, so that was the only text they got. So even though it wasn't a surprise party and I still felt really bad about Shane and Robert showing up to Kev's parents house with no one there, the party on Friday turned out great. Almost everyone got to come. We missed the Rowley's, but we were happy to have so many wonderful people come to support Kevin. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thank you all for coming!

Landin, Jasmine, and Mailey


Robert and Emily


Nate and Liz


Nate and Chelsea


The birthday boy.


We had so much fun with friends and family. We love the Spencer's for letting us use their beautiful home. Thank you Bob, for making the best bbq chicken ever. Thank you Sheri, for showing us how to create and eat the best and biggest hamburger I've ever seen! And a huge thank you to Kev for being born and being the best husband a girl could ever ask for! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND & THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment